- THIS DAY IN HISTORY!On this day in 1789, the first Congress of the United States approves 12 amendments to the U.S. Constitution, and sends them to the states for ratification. The amendments, known as the Bill of Rights, were designed to protect the basic rights of U.S. citizens, guaranteeing the freedom of speech, press, assembly, and exercise of religion, the right to fair legal procedure and to bear arms, just to name a few.
- VOCABULARY BUILDER-UPPER WORD OF THE DAYThe word of the day is cantankerous , which is an adjective that describes someone that is bad-tempered, argumentative, and uncooperative
- What's Cooking?For lunch today, we will be enjoying a delicious sub with all of the outstanding fixings, chips, fruit roll-ups, and a carton of refreshing, ice-cold milk.
- WEATHERThe weather today will once again be amazing. The high will be in the low eighties and the skies will be mostly sunny. Enjoy the beautiful September day.
- QUOTE OF THE DAYStephen Covey once said, “We are free to choose our actions, but we are not free to choose the consequences of these actions.” You always have complete control of your actions and choices, however once you make those choices the consequences are out of your control–so make smart choices. Choose to make this a phenomenal Friday! Please stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.
- GREETINGS AND SALUTATIONS!Good Morning, CLARK ELEMENTARY…it's HOMECOMING FRIDAY! Today is September 25th, 2020. It's the 28th day of school, and it's a DAY 2.
- JOSTENS ORDERS:Be sure to get your ring orders (freshmen) and graduation orders (seniors) dropped off in the office by Friday, October 2nd.
- GIRLS OPEN GYM:There will be open gym this Sunday, September 27th, at 5:00 p.m. for all girls in grades 7-12.
- SENIORS:Mrs. Alspach and Mrs. Lair will be offering scholarship work days on Mondays during intervention for seniors. If you would like to be set up to come to Mrs. Lair's room for scholarship work during that time, please send her an email and let her know. You will be assigned to intervention every Monday unless a teacher needs you for intervention.