- GREETINGS AND SALUTATIONS!Good Morning, CLARK ELEMENTARY…it's Tuesday! Today is November 24th, 2020, it's the 70th day of school, and it's a DAY 1.
- THIS DAY IN HISTORY!On this day in 1849, John Froelich, the inventor of the first internal-combustion traction motor, or tractor, is born in Iowa. In 1918, the John Deere plow-manufacturing company bought Froelich's company, Waterloo for $2,350,000.
- VOCABULARY BUILDER-UPPER WORD OF THE DAYThe word of the day is smorgasbord , which is a noun that means a meal consisting of an assortment of foods served buffet style.
- What's Cooking?For our Thanksgiving lunch today, we will be gobbling up a toothsome meal of quesadilla pizza with all of the scrumptious fixings, fruits and veggies, and pouring refreshing, ice-cold milk down our gullets.
- WEATHERThe weather today will be perfect if you're a fish or love to use bumbershoots. The high will be in the mid-forties, the skies will be cloudy and there's an excellent chance of rain throughout the day.
- QUOTE OF THE DAYMike Ericksen once said, "I truly believe we can either see the connections, celebrate them, and express gratitude for our blessings, or we can see life as a string of coincidences that have no meaning or connection. For me, I'm going to believe in miracles, celebrate life, rejoice in the views of eternity, and hope my choices will create a positive ripple effect in the lives of others. This is my choice." Choose to make today a Tuesday crammed full of gratitude and thankfulness for all of your blessings. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Please stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.
- SCHEDULE CHANGES:If you need to make a schedule change for 2nd semester, you MUST e-mail Mrs. Alspach by Wednesday, December 16th, with either the changes you want or a time when you can meet with her. Any requests after that date will not be accepted.